Operation Scrubs values and respects your privacy and believe its important to let you know that if or when we collect information, it's an effort to improve your customer/client service experience and to communicate with your about our services, events and promotions. We also recognize that we must maintain and responsibility use your/all collected information.
What kind of information does Operation Scrubs collect?
• Information you give us: If you choose to create an account on the Website, review what we do, or participate any of symposiums, events, related activities, surveys, etc., we may ask you to input certain information so that we can authenticate your account and provide you with necessary notifications. This information could include your name, email address, and a password.
When you register or do business with us, including your attending an Operation Scrubs event or activities, we will ask you to provide certain information for us to process your order including: your name, email address, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, product selections, shopping preferences, and credit card or other payment information.
By attending or participation in an Operation Scrubs symposiums, events or activities, anticipate there may be news media, photographers, audio/video production personnel present or involved. By your attendance and/or participation, you are consenting to having your voice and/or image obtained and used by Operation Scrubs for related fundraising, promotion, publicity, marketing and/or advertising purposes. Your consent also extends of Operation Scrubs voice/image taking personnel and organization invitees.
• Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information from you if you use any of the websites we operate or access the other services we provide (see below). We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers, subcontractors in technical, payment, and delivery services) to fulfill your orders and may receive information about you from them.
How does Operation Scrubs use my information?
• Information you give us.
We will use this information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us.
We ask that, unless specifically requested, you not send us and you not disclose any sensitive personal information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics, or genetic characteristics, criminal background, trade union membership) on or through the website or otherwise to us.
Information we collect about you.
• We will use pseudonymized and/or aggregated portions of your information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations including data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure.
Does Operation Scrubs share my information with third parties?
We may share your information with business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
• Third-Party Web Beacons: We may use third-party web beacons to collect non-identifiable and/or pseudonymized data in order to help analyze where visitors go and what they do while visiting the Website, which non-identifiable data may be shared with third parties. We may also use non-identifiable and/or pseudonymized data about your visits to this and other websites in order to improve our products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We require that all third parties with whom we share identifiable data treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable privacy laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the United States, EU General Data Protection Regulation, UK Data Protection Act, and similar consumer legislation from time to time in place.
• We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use or terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, you and others.
- Except as described above, we do not share, rent, or sell any information we collect online to any unaffiliated third party.
We also use pixel tags to collect non-identifiable and/or pseudonymized information about how you view the Website. A pixel tag is an invisible tag placed on a website, not on your device, for tracking activity on that website. When you access those pages of the Website, pixel tags generate a notice of that visit. Pixel tags usually work in conjunction with cookies.
Your Data Processing Rights:
We take reasonable steps to help ensure that the personal information we collect from you is accurate, complete, and current. You may request access to your personal information and request that erroneous or inaccurate personal information be updated. You may also request that your personal information and account be deleted. You may invoke these rights by contacting us at 818-671-2100 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond promptly to your requests in accordance with applicable law. For your protection, we will only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the email address that you use to send us your request and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We may decline to process requests that jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or would cause us to take any action that is not permissible under applicable laws. Additionally, as permitted by applicable laws, we may need to retain certain personal information for a longer period for record-keeping purposes, such as retaining records relating to your purchases for warranty or accounting purposes.
How do I remove my information from email, phone and postal mailing lists?
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive information from us or our affiliated brands, please let us know at any time by either email or postal mail, or by using the "opt-out" link provided at the bottom of each promotional email. If you contact us by email or postal mail, please be sure to include your email address and full name.
In addition, if you ask us to remove your name and address from our email or postal mailing list, we will have to maintain your name in a "do not contact" file to ensure that we can honor your request.
What about links to other websites and services?
The Website may contain links to other sites that are not under our control. These websites have their own policies regarding privacy. You should review those policies before visiting the websites. We have no responsibility for linked websites, and we provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Data Transfer
The Website is controlled and operated from the United States and is not intended to subject its users to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than the United States. Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have offices or in which our third-party service providers reside.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you have the right under the California "Shine the Light" law (Cal. Civil Code § 1798.83) to request, by regular or electronic mail, a list of the categories of personal information that were shared by Operation Scrubs with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, the names and addresses of those third parties, and if the nature of their business cannot reasonably be determined from their name, examples of the products and services marketed by them. However, as described above, except where necessary to fulfill an order from you for goods or services or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, we will not share your data with third parties unless you consent to such disclosure. Alternatively, you may opt out at any time from any information sharing previously consented to. For these reasons, Operation Scrubs is not required to respond further to California customer inquiries under the California Shine the Light law.
Do Not Track
You have the ability to enable your browser settings to "Do Not Track." Doing this sends a signal to websites, ad networks and plug-in providers about your browsing preferences. This Website does not currently respond to the Do Not Track browser signal.